"Have a good attitude about things, speak positively of others, and serve the best you can. Change your negative thoughts to thoughts of faith. God will fight your battles for you, but you must be willing to show him that you trust him."


Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Bronch It Is.

I had a follow up appointment today. After being on a week of being on clindamycin and extra treatments what did my numbers do? Well I have no good news with that, they actually dropped 4 percent. I was at 74% a week ago and today I blew a 70% and that was on my third try. At first I blew a 69%. I just can not figure it out. I feel fine, but there must be something wrong. I have been doing oral antibiotics and steroids since October. We tried bactrum once, prednisome twice, ciprofloxacin once, and now clindamycin and my numbers haven't change much at all. They were going up a couple percent, but now they have dropped. For the past couple of months I have also had this tight, crackle sound in my lower right lobe, this is the reason for the Bronch. My doctor thinks I may have something growing there that is not showing up on my throat cultures. At first my doctor suggesting IVs, but I fought that so he suggested the Bronch. I was kind of worried at first because when my sister gets her Bronchs done she always ends up more sick and I just do not want to have to deal with that, but I talked to a few of my fellow CF-ers on cysticlife (what a wonderful site!) and they all said it was okay. So I agreed to do the Bronch. We have it scheduled for January 15th. The only problem with that though is that that is the Saturday right before finals week. I really hope this works and I do not get sick like my sister because if i do well then poop, there goes my grades. If they find something growing in my lungs then I will be put on IVs and if I get sick I will be put on IVs but if they do not find anything hopefully the clean out will help me feel better, if not then we are at a dead end and do not know why my numbers are dropping. Hope all goes well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment