"Have a good attitude about things, speak positively of others, and serve the best you can. Change your negative thoughts to thoughts of faith. God will fight your battles for you, but you must be willing to show him that you trust him."


Sunday, October 17, 2010

wow it's been long!

Wow. It has been so long since I have been on here. School really get's in the way of everything. I have been so busy with school, cross country, and trying to keep myself healthy. It is all going good so far. I have been able to keep my grades up. All A's and B's still. And I managed to keep myself healthy when everyone at my house was sick! I did end up getting a cold from some kids at school, sadly. I am still in the process of getting over that. Cross country definitely got better. My best run so far was probably the one at Rancho High School. It was a 2.8 coarse and I ran it in 26.08! Or something like that. I don't remember it was a month ago. My last couple of meets haven't gone so well. I had to sit out of one because of stomach pains, hurt so bad I couldn't even stand up. Then I started one but coach made me get out because I was coughing so much at the starting line. I couldn't breath and the race hadn't even started yet! Then this last one I ran a good 2 miles but then I started throwing up and my friend that is also on the team that ran early pulled me out. I was mad at him for taking me out of the race but he made a good decision there was no way I could have finished that last 1.1 mile (which may i add had 2 hecka steep hills!) He walked me to the shade where I through up so more and then we walked back to where my team was and I laid down in our shade and slept for 20 minutes. I felt better after that but since I haven't ran good my last 3 meets coach won't let me run regional this weekend. I guess that is good because there is no way I am getting over this cold before then. Oh well. Cross country was such a help though, it really helps keep my numbers up! I had a doctors appointment. Actually I had two in one day. My stomach doctor has been a real pain! I had an appointment with him 9/16/10 and all he said was keep doing what your doing and ill see you back in a year. Seriously?! Obviously what I am doing is not working seeing as I am still having stomach pains that make it that I can barely walk! He doesn't do anything! So we called my CF coordinator and she said that we need to call and schedule with him and see if he will do anything and if not we should find a new doctor. So we reschedule. 10/11/2010 i lost 3 pounds since the last appointment. He finally is like oh that's not good we need to do something about this. No duh! He put me on a new medicine called mucomyst and pumped up my miralax and my ducolax. Hopefully it will help. So far I have seen a little improvement. Im real dissappointed about the whole thing. I was doing so good far a while. My weight goal was 117 and I was almost there! But then I had to go and loose 3 pounds and now I have nothing to impress my CF doctors with at my next appointment. So I ended up getting a cold. A real bad one I might add. I was coughing non stop and it was a nasty sounding cough too. After my stomach appointment I went back to school for a couple classes and then left for an appointment with one of the CF doctors. My SATs were 99 which is great and my FEV1 was 74%. I was surprised I was still in the 70s. But that is down 7% from my last appointment (which was when I got my picc out). The doctor put me on bactrim and prednisone. He also said to do a nasal saline spray prior to my nasonex which should help get things moving in my sinuses. Since then I have started feeling better but the cold still wont leave. I am still coughing tons!! I am ready to feel better again. I'm pretty sure I am almost over it. But yeah that is my update. Oh and my brother goes into the hospital tomorrow. He got a cold too but he ain't doing so well. His PFts are usually in the high 80's well at his last two appointment he blew a 69 and a 71. Super low for him. So he is getting addmited tomorrow and getting a PICC. Hopefully it goes well.

I'll try and keep my blog more updated. Time management is key!

Next appointment is CF clinic on 10/24/10.... 5 days before my 17th birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment